Finding work is a job within itself. It involves persistence and knowledge about what jobs are available. Here are several sources of current employment information. We look forward to working with you.
The UCSB Alumni Association has partnered with Emplawyernet to provide you with a variety of services pertinent to working in the legal profession. Emplawyernet is an on-line legal employment information network that is available to members of the UCSB Alumni Association. Employers list the positions they are seeking to fill while members can view these positions, prepare and post on-line profiles, participate in chat rooms, and access career and firm information. A few points about the service:
- Emplawyernet is affiliated with many bar associations, firms and legal journals. It is endorsed by the San Francisco and Los Angeles Bar Associations.
- Emplawyernet is the legal profession's largest job database. Participants receive a daily e-mail listing of jobs that fit their desired employment specifications.
- Employers using Emplawyernet to list jobs are from large and small, public and private companies and legal firms throughout the United States.
- Emplawyernet allows participants to submit and update their resume.
- Your Emplawyernet record is held in strict confidence. If you submit your resume for the data base, your name or contact information is not provided to employers until after you have granted release approval. They view your record prior to your release consent based on your credentials. Participants can request to not receive email from specified employers.
Petersons Site offers information on graduate programs, colleges and universities, test preparation, essay help and resume services, financial aid, distance learning, and much more. http://www.petersons.com
Petersons Site offers information on graduate programs, colleges and universities, test preparation, essay help and resume services, financial aid, distance learning, and much more. http://www.gradschools.com/
Grad Schools Database of academic programs and graduate school information.
US News and World Report Sortable college ranking tables, directories, school comparison tool and much more. http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/eduhome.htm
Business Week Getting into business school, MBA rankings and profiles and much more. http://www.bloomberg.com/business-schools
Princeton Review Best college rankings. http://www.princetonreview.com/college/research/rankings/rankings.asp
PhDs Grad School Rankings Free rankings of graduate school programs based on National Research Council data. http://www.phds.org/rankings/
National Academy Press: Careers in Science and Engineering: A Student Planning Guide to Grad School and Beyond Help with decisions about Graduate School, how to survive Graduate School and much more.http://www.nap.edu/readingroom/books/careers/
Find the Best: A data-driven comparison engine which organizes and compares data in a consumer-friendly format so that you can make quick and informed decisions based on what's important to you.
Law School Comparison
Business School Comparison
Medical School Comparison
College Scholarships and Grants
Graduate Student Resources on the Web Designed as a resource for current and future grad students. If you're thinking about applying to, attending, finishing, (or quitting) grad school, you may find something of interest herehttp://www-personal.umich.edu/~danhorn/graduate.htmlCareer Planning Resources
A variety of career planning programs are offered by the Extension offices at eight University of California campuses. To receive more information about the classes offered in your area, call the Extension Program located near you.
- UC Berkeley 510-642-4111
- UC Riverside 909-787-4105
- UC Davis 530-757-8777
- UC San Diego 858-534-3400
- UC Irvine 949-824-5414
- UC Los Angeles 310-825-9971
- UC Santa Cruz 831-427-6600
- UC Santa Barbara 805-893-4200
The Career Key An online assessment with supporting enrichment modules to help you make sound career decisions. http://www.careerkey.org
Keirsey Temperament and Character Web Site Take the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, a personality questionnaire, on line. http://www.keirsey.com/sorter/register.aspx
Career Leader Find out what the best business career is for you. Career Leader analyzes your relevant business interests, values and abilities and provides you with a personalized report of your profile, and makes recommendations of specific business career paths for you to investigate. http://www.careerleader.com